Terms and Conditions
Koko Classics are able to process payments from international and absentee purchasers subject to the following Terms of Trade:By purchasing products from Koko Classics (kokoclassics.com) the purchaser (the customer) agrees to the following terms and conditions of sale.
All prices are in New Zealand dollars ($ NZD) and include GST (15% sales tax). All prices are correct at time of publication; however we reserve the right to alter prices for any reason.
KOKO Classics has a strict returns policy where we do not give a refund for change of mind, we do however offer a credit note or exchange for another item. Under Consumer Guarantees act we will give a refund if the product is faulty and we cannot repair or replace the item.
A large number of our items are factory aged and are an industrial style or vintage look, so there may be minor imperfections in furniture or the finishing. This adds to the charm and look of your special piece.
If the product has been damaged in transit, please let us know immediately and we will contact the courier company directly to sort out any claims.Koko Classics is not liable for return freight costs and all return freight must be packaged safely and adequately insured. Items must be returned in resalable condition.
MH & BE Frizzell T/A KOKO Classics and/or its authorized agents (“KOKO Classics” or “we” or “us” or “our”) provides this warranty (“Warranty”) for its products that have been purchased in New Zealand. This Warranty is subject to The New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act (CGA)
The benefits provided in this Warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies of a consumer under the New Zealand Consumer, and any other laws in relation to the products to which this Warranty relates.
The full KOKO Classics New Zealand Warranty is set out below:
KOKO Classics provides this warranty for its products that have been purchased in New Zealand. This Warranty is subject to the Consumer Law. The Warranty period commences from the date of sale:
- 3 years for frames for sofas, ottomans and armchairs for manufacturing defects and workmanship
- 2 years for fabric, leather and foam for manufacturing defects and workmanship (including upholstery furniture coverings, foam, finishing (stitching, glue, nails, tacks)
- 1 year for furniture and homewares and any other product which KOKO Classics identifies in writing as attaching this warranty, for manufacturing defects and workmanship.
This Warranty covers the replacement or repair of any product that has a manufacturing or material defect that is not the result of normal wear and tear, or a natural characteristic of the material used. This Warranty is not transferable and does not cover products used for commercial purposes.
Where KOKO Classics Warranty does not apply:
This Warranty does not apply to any products sold as Outlet, Seconds, or Used Floorstock (demo), repaired products or products that have a defect where this has been drawn to the customer’s attention before purchasing the products.
In addition, this Warranty will not apply if:
Repairs to a product are made or attempted by a service provider other than one approved by KOKO.The product has not been used or maintained in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions as provided with the product.
- The customer uses the product in an abnormal manner for example if the product is abused, misused, dropped, crushed, impacted with any hard surface, exposed to extreme heat (including fire) or cold, not maintained properly or used after partial failure.
- Fading of the leather or fabric if used in an area exposed to the Sun due to NZ’s harsh UV rays.
- The product has been modified, incorrectly adjusted or operated, subjected to incorrect electrical supply or inconsistent electrical supply or used with inappropriate accessories.
- The product is tampered with in any way.
- The product’s serial number, as applied by the manufacturer, has been altered or removed from the product.
- Does not cover products that are used in a commercial environment.
Additional rights under Consumer Law:
In addition to the KOKO Warranty, our products come with statutory consumer guarantees that cannot be excluded. The rights afforded to you by these guarantees are separate to your rights under the Warranty.
You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure. You are also entitled to have the products repaired or replaced if the products fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. To the extent that they are compatible with the Consumer Law, the exclusions and provisos that apply to the Warranty apply to these guarantees.
Koko Classics reserves the right to cancel orders that we believe to be fraudulent or constitute a misuse or a promotional for marketing activity or where an error has occurred including but not limited to errors relating to pricing.